He is the man behind Amazon, world’s largest online shopping destination with an astonishing revenue of US$ 135.98 billion (2016). Jeff Bezos recently became the world’s richest man for a few hours surpassing Bill Gates. His net worth is a bit less than US$90 billion.
He is one of the most influential and powerful bosses the world has seen. He is said to be a sort of an explosive boss. He is known to keep a close eye on the functioning of his companies.
He is an American entrepreneur, investor and best known as the founder of Amazon Inc. Before becoming an entrepreneur, Bezos worked with many banking and investment firms.
It’s amazing to know how Bezos started working on Amazon from his garage. He started by selling books online and back then, the company was named as Cadabra, which was later changed to Amazon.
Though he started by selling books, now Amazon has successfully expanded its inventory to apparently anything that you need. Today, Amazon is selling in nearly all big markets of the world.
Jeff Bezos has not only limited himself to Amazon. He has also ventured into the publishing business, by buying The Washington Post for $250 million, in 2013.
He also launched Amazon Kindle in 2007. It was a revolutionary idea and posed a threat to paperback books. In a short time, Kindle became a hit. It also won him an innovation award by The Economist, in 2011.
Due to his interest in space travel, he has also founded a company named Blue Origin, in 2000, to make space travel easy and cost efficient.
Just like any other famous entrepreneur, Bezos also reads a lot of books. One of his favorite books is
Good to Great: Why Some Companies Make the Leap… and Others Don’t by Jim Collins.
He is known for his famous 2 pizza rule. He believes that if you can’t feed your team with two pizzas, then it’s too big.
He believes in getting a good night’s sleep. He believes in getting up naturally every morning, without the need of an alarm clock. Bezos leads a simple life at home. He finds washing the dishes the sexiest thing he does. He is also a die-hard fan of Star Trek and he even made a cameo in the 2016 film Star Trek Beyond.
He was named the “Person of the Year” by Times magazine, in 1999. Fortune Magazine, in 2012 gave him the title of “Businessperson of the Year.”
Here is a list of some timeless quotes for you by the 2nd richest man on the planet.
1. “If you can’t tolerate critics, don’t do anything new or interesting.” Jeff Bezos
2. “Life’s too short to hang out with people who aren’t resourceful.” Jeff Bezos
3. “What we need to do is always lean into the future; when the world changes around you and when it changes against you – what used to be a tail wind is now a head wind – you have to lean into that and figure out what to do because complaining isn’t a strategy.” Jeff Bezos
3. “We’ve had three big ideas at Amazon that we’ve stuck with for 18 years, and they’re the reason we’re successful: Put the customer first. Invent. And be patient.” Jeff Bezos
4. “If you do build a great experience, customers tell each other about that. Word of mouth is very powerful.” Jeff Bezos
5. “What’s dangerous is not to evolve.” Jeff Bezos
6. “One of the huge mistakes people make is that they try to force an interest on themselves. You don’t choose your passions. Your passions choose you.” Jeff Bezos.
Tell us what you think about Jeff Bezos in the comments below.
Share this information with friends and everyone. Keep reading, Keep learning & Keep growing!