Don’t be consistent in anything!
The above line was just to grab your attention and is totally false.
So, let’s get serious and let me tell you the importance of consistency. Consistency is important for everything and anything that you do in life. Success is not a result of one day work. It takes time to build things and to build ourselves. It takes time, effort, blood, sweat and tears.
As they say, Rome was not built in a day. In the same way, all these successful people that we see today have gone through a lot of unsuccessful years. The best thing is that they have been consistent in their individual works.
Being consistent doesn’t mean that you close all prospects of change. Change is very important for your growth and learning. But the art is in being consistent in the efforts that you are putting to get closer to your goals.
Never try to be consistent at the cost of being ignorant of your shortcomings. While being consistent, get to know about your shortcomings and continually strive to improve and make yourself better.
Now, just think of your favorite car manufacturer and about the design pattern it follows. Let’s take the example of Lamborghini. It has consistency in the design pattern and the same design philosophy is followed universally in all its cars.
It’s the consistency in its design that has made Lamborghini cars so easily recognizable. In spite of being consistent, they have been improving their designs and are getting better over time.
Consistency allows you to stay focused on your goals. You can measure your improvement by being consistent in your efforts.
The best way to be consistent is to make your goals clear and set specific goals. Start slow. You can’t get on track in one day, it will take time.
Read on! I’ve compiled a list of must-read quotes on consistency-
- Success isn’t always about greatness. It’s about consistency. Consistent hard work leads to success. Greatness will come.
2. When you look at people who are successful, you will find that they aren’t the people who are motivated, but have consistency in their motivation.
3. We all have to start somewhere, and doing something is better than nothing at all. Start small so you don’t get discouraged and give up. Remember it is all about consistency.
4. Across professions, consistency is a direct product of work ethic.
5. But change must always be balanced with some degree of consistency.
-Ron D. Burton
6. I’ve learned from experience that if you work harder at it, and apply more energy and time to it, and more consistency, you get a better result. It comes from the work.
-Louis C. K.
7. Trust is built with consistency.
8. I think I’ve earned a certain level of respect, based on my accomplishments and my consistency.
9. People like consistency. Whether it’s a store or a restaurant, they want to come in and see what you are famous for.
10. Success is neither magical nor mysterious. Success is the natural consequence of consistently applying basic fundamentals.
Be consistent in whatever you do. I know it might be a bit difficult. But if it was that easy, everyone would have been successful! Once you become consistent, you will find it much easier to achieve goals.
Keep following us and be ready for an all new, much-needed blog category very soon!
Get free weekly updates! Subscribe below.